Braised pork chops
- Heat a little oil in a heavy-bottomed casserole and briefly cook the bacon.
- Add the garlic, onion, leeks, fennel and apple. Stir well, turn the heat down and gently sautÈ for about 10 mins until the vegies start to collapse a little, regularly stirring.
- Then bury the pork in the vegies and add the wine, stock, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and seasonings. Stir, turn down the heat even more, tightly cover and gently simmer for about 45-60 mins until the meat is tender, turning every now and then.
- olive oil
- 4 streaky bacon rashers, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways & sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled & diced
- 4 thick pork loin chops
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.