Thai pork ball & noodle soup
- Put the stock, ½ tbsp fish sauce, 1-2 tspn chilli paste, the ginger and sugar in a large pot. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and gently simmer for about 10-15 mins until aromatic.
- Mix the mince with the remaining fish sauce, 1 tbsp chilli paste, ground pepper to taste, the garlic and coriander until well combined.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs and add them to the soup. Gently simmer for about 5 mins until the meat is cooked.
- Then add the bok choy and noodles. Stir and briefly cook until the noodles have separated. Taste the soup for seasoning.
- Serve the soup in large bowls garnished with spring onion.
- nb. Any Asian vegies can be used.
- 1½ litres chicken stock
- 1½ tbsp Asian fish sauce
- chilli paste
- a knob of fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 tspn shaved palm sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 500 gm pork mince
- freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 bok choy, shredded
- 1 packet Singapore noodles
- 2 spring (green) onions, shredded
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.