Mustard & honey chicken with Indian flavours
- Briefly blanch the beans in a pot of lightly salted, boiling water. Drain well and set aside.
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, chilli paste and Teriyaki sauce in a large bowl. Taste for seasoning.
- Then add the chicken, toss well and set aside for about 30 mins.
- When ready, sear the chicken on one side in a hot wok (or large heavy-bottomed pan) and then add a little oil and gently cook.
- When the chicken is almost ready, heat a little oil in another pan and gently sauté the garlic, chillies and ginger. Then add the turmeric and mustard seeds and briefly toss, before adding the beans. Continue to toss for a few minutes to warm through.
- To serve, arrange the beans on individual plates, top with the chicken and garnish with coriander.
- nb. The chicken can be cooked on a very hot, lightly oiled BBQ, if you prefer, brushing with the marinade as you do so.
- 600 gm green beans, shredded
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 heaped tspn chilli paste
- ½ cup Huey’s Teriyaki grill sauce (or any other teriyaki sauce)
- 8-12 chicken thigh fillets
- vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, seeded & sliced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tspn ground turmeric
- 1 tspn mustard seeds
- a few sprigs fresh coriander
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.