Potato hobo packs
- Cook the baby onions and potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until just under tender. Drain well and cut the potatoes in half.
- Put 2 large squares of good quality, strong kitchen foil on top of each other on a workbench. Generously spray the top sheet with oil and place the garlic, onions and potatoes on top. Sprinkle with a decent amount of seasonings, the sage and olive oil. Then fold the pack up tightly and cook on a preheated ridged grill (or BBQ) over a moderate heat for 20-30 mins until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife through the foil, turning every 5-10 mins.
- Sauté the bacon in a little hot oil until crispy, stirring now and again.
- Then put the vegies in a large bowl, top with the bacon and some of the cooking juices and sprinkle with the sour cream and then the chives.
- Serve as an accompaniment to your favourite simple meat or fish dish.
- from Chris Schlesinger – East Coast Grill in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
- 6-8 baby onions, peeled
- 6-8 chats (baby potatoes)
- olive oil spray
- 4 large garlic cloves, smashed a little
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- olive oil
- 3 steaky bacon rashers, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream, whisked
- 2-3 chives, chopped
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.