Vegetable Fritto Misto in Sauvignon Blanc batter
- To make the batter whisk the wine with the water and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Then add up to 2 cups flour, little by little, continually whisking to reach the right consistency (when your finger is lightly coated) and adding 1 tspn salt when ready.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer (or large heavy-bottomed pot or wok) to 180°C.
- Then dip the vegies in the batter and fry in 2-3 batches. Drain well on kitchen paper towels.
- Toss with a little salt and serve as a starter/snack or an accompaniment.
- 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 1¼ cups cold water
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- sea salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- a combination of prepared vegies, eg. baby carrots, asparagus, capsicum, zucchini flowers, Japanese eggplant
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.