- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Then put in a heavy-bottomed pot with the water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down, cover and simmer for about 10 mins until all the water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool completely and then fluff up a bit.
- When ready, toss the parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, spring onions and red onion with the quinoa, seasonings, oil and lemon juice.
- from “Cooking with Quinoa” by Rena Patten
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley leaves
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered & then halved crossways
- 4 spring (green) onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 80 gm extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½-1 lemon
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.