Rabbit & chorizo salad
- Cook the chorizo on a preheated, oiled ridged grill (or BBQ), adding the lightly oiled and seasoned rabbit for the last few minutes. Don’t overcook the rabbit!
- Gently toss the red onion, fennel, olives, oranges, tomatoes, parsley and salt with oil and vinegar to taste.
- When ready, evenly slice the chorizo and rabbit on the diagonal. Add to the salad and toss until well coated.
- Serve with crusty bread on the side.
- olive oil
- 2-3 chorizo
- 6-8 rabbit fillets, trimmed of all fat & sinew
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 baby fennel, finely sliced
- 12 stuffed green olives, halved
- 2-3 juicy oranges, peeled & cut into segments
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Italian (flat leaf) parsley leaves
- red wine or sherry vinegar
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.