Bangers with a Spanish potato stew
- Heat a little oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and gently sauté the potatoes and sausages until coloured, regularly tossing. Remove.
- Add a little fresh oil to the pan, if needed, and briefly sauté the red onion, capsicum and garlic, scraping the bottom of the pan as you do so.
- Then add the tomatoes with ½ cup stock, the soy, a little salt, plenty of ground pepper and the chilli paste. Stir well, lower the heat and gently cook for about 10 mins until thick and fragrant, stirring now and again, and adding more stock if needed.
- Return the potatoes and sausages to the pan. Stir until well coated and briefly cook to heat. Taste the sauce for seasoning.
- Serve with a green salad or blanched green beans on the side.
- olive oil
- 6 chats (baby potatoes), par-boiled, drained well & halved
- 2-3 large Bratwurst sausages, blanched, drained well & sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cored, seeded & cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- a splash of soy sauce
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp chilli paste
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.