Rainbow trout with Nicoise salad
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan and cook the seasoned fish on both sides.
- When the fish is almost ready, add the butter to the pan with a good squeeze of lemon juice, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, the garlic and a splash of fresh oil. Baste the fish with the cooking juices and briefly cook.
- At the same time, blanch the beans in a pot of lightly salted, boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain well.
- To make the dressing, mix together a few tbsp fresh oil with a squeeze of lemon juice, a little salt and pepper, and the vinegar.
- To serve, arrange the beans along one side of 2 large rectangular plates. Then scatter the tomatoes, potatoes, olives, anchovies and a few fresh herbs over the top. Place the fish alongside and sprinkle the dressing over the salad.
- Steve Shing – The Meeting Pool at Montsalvat, Eltham
- olive oil
- 2 whole rainbow trout
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 12 small green beans
- a splash of white wine vinegar
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 kipfler potatoes, blanched, peeled & sliced thickly
- a small handful of pitted black olives
- 6 anchovies
- a mixture of fresh herbs
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.