Nam Prik Ong
- Put the mince, tomatoes and curry paste in a large bowl and mash until the tomatoes are broken down.
- Heat a little oil in a wok (or large heavy-bottomed non-stick pan) and stirfry the pork mixture until sealed, mashing it as you do so.
- Add the fish sauce with ¼ cup stock and the sugar. Stir well and cook for about 5-7 mins until thick and fragrant, adding more stock if needed and mashing now and again.
- Then taste for seasoning and stir through the coriander and spring onions.
- Spoon the mixture into individual lettuce leaves and serve garnished with a basil sprig.
- 350 gm minced pork (not too lean)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 heaped tbsp red curry paste
- peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- ¼-½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp shaved palm sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 2 heaped tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 spring (green) onions, finely chopped
- 4-6 lettuce cups
- Thai holy basil sprigs
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.