Rainbow trout fillets with a hot Vietnamese relish
- Combine 2 seeded & finely sliced chillies with 1 tbsp fish sauce, the juice of 1½-2 limes and the oil.
- Place the trout on a plate in one layer and pour the marinade over the top. Toss well and then cook in a hot pan, skin side down first, pressing down the fish (to crisp the skin) as you do so.
- To make the relish, finely chop the remaining chillies with the garlic. Then pound with ½ peeled, deseeded & finely chopped lime, the juice of ½ lime, the sugar and 1½ tbsp fish sauce. Taste for seasoning and mix with the coriander.
- To serve, place the fish on individual plates with cooking juices spooned over the top and a sprinkling of relish.
- 4 small red chillies
- 2½ tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 3 limes
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Rainbow trout fillets, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.