Rack of lamb with honey & garlic glaze
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced (200°C normal).
- Lightly spray the racks with oil and cook in a heavy-bottomed pan (that can go into the oven), fat side down, until crispy and brown.
- Then turn the lamb over and cook in the oven for about 12 mins. Remove, put the lamb on a board and set aside to rest.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain well and return to the pot, together with the butter, parsley and salt. Toss well and briefly cook.
- Tip out any excess fat from the lamb pan and add the honey and garlic. Stir and gently cook until it becomes syrupy. Then return the racks and toss to glaze.
- Serve the lamb with some of the honey mixture spooned over the top and the potatoes alongside.
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 6-bone racks of lamb, French trimmed
- 16 small chats (baby potatoes), well scrubbed
- a good knob of butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- a good pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.