Warm beetroot, pumpkin & feta salad
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced (220°C normal).
- Wrap each beetroot in foil and cook in the oven until tender, when pierced with a sharp knife. Then remove and, when cool enough to handle, peel and slice.
- At the same time, cut the pumpkin into thickish slices and remove the skin. Toss with oil and seasonings, and cook in the oven until tender.
- Then gently toss the pumpkin with the watercress, a little fresh oil, the lemon juice and seasonings.
- To serve, arrange the beetroot on individual plates and dress with a little oil and lemon juice to taste. Mound the salad on top, scatter the feta over and sprinkle with a little more oil and lemon juice.
- nb. This can be served as an accompaniment or a light starter.
- 4 beetroot, scrubbed
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 cups watercress
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- feta cheese, crumbled
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.