- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced (200°C normal).
- Heat a little oil in a casserole (or heavy-bottomed pan that can go into the oven) and gently sauté the garlic, onion, carrot, celery and capsicum until softish.
- Add the rice and toss until well coated.
- Then add about 1 litre stock with the chilli paste, saffron and seasonings. Mix well, cover and cook in the oven for about 30-40 mins until the rice is tender, adding the green beans after 20 mins.
- When almost ready, add the peas, kidney beans and parsley. Stir well, cover and cook for about another 5 mins.
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small red capsicum, cored, seeded & diced
- 1½ cups Arborio (short grain) rice
- 1¼ litres vegetable stock
- 1 heaped tspn chilli paste
- 1-2 good pinches saffron threads
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 10 green beans, topped, tailed & halved crossways
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.