Various salad dressings
- To make a blue cheese dressing, blend the blue cheese with 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, ½ cup sour cream, the mayonnaise, juice of 1 lemon and the parsley in a food processor until well combined.
- This dressing is best served with crisp lettuce and a few croutons. Keep it simple!
- To make an apple balsamic dressing, put the apple juice, ½ cup oil, the balsamic and seasonings in a jar, and shake well.
- This dressing is great served with finely sliced cabbage, grated carrot, sliced red onion and a few raisins.
- To make a parmesan dressing, whisk up the remaining lemon juice and garlic with the sherry vinegar and mustard until well combined.
- Add ½ cup oil, little by little, continually whisking.
- Then add the parmesan with 2 tbsp sour cream, salt and pepper. Whisk well and taste for seasoning.
- This dressing can be tossed with cold cooked pasta, shredded carrots, sliced celery and spring (green) onion, halved cherry tomatoes and a few chopped basil leaves. It can also be used with a rice salad.
- 150 gm soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 heaped tspn chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp sherry (or red wine) vinegar
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.