Baked pork chops with parsnips, honey & ginger
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced (200°C normal).
- Heat a thin layer of oil with the butter in a heavy-bottomed casserole dish (or oven dish) and brown the seasoned chops all over for about 2-3 mins each side. Remove.
- Then add the parsnips and onions to the dish. Toss well and briefly cook.
- Combine the orange zest and juice with the honey, ground ginger and thyme. Then pour about two-thirds of this mixture over the vegies, season well and toss. Cover and cook in the oven for 30-45 mins until the vegies are fairly tender.
- When ready, return the chops to the casserole in one layer, with any juices. Pour over the remaining orange mixture and cook in the oven for about another 30 mins, turning the pork once.
- from "Olive" magazine
- olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 4 x 250 gm pork chops, rind removed
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 large parsnips, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, halved & thickly sliced
- grated rind of ½ & juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup good quality honey
- 2 tspn ground ginger
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.