One pot spicy mince with lots of vegies
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot and gently sauté the garlic, carrot, celery, capsicums, onion and chillies for about 5 mins until tender, stirring now and again.
- Add the mince and gently cook until it changes colour, stirring and mashing with a wooden spoon as you do so.
- Then add about 1 cup stock with the tomatoes, Worcestershire, chilli paste, seasonings and canned beans. Stir well, turn the heat down and simmer for about 30 mins until thick and fragrant, adding more stock if needed.
- Serve in individual bowls with a dollop of sour cream on top and heated tortillas on the side.
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 red capsicums, cored, seeded & diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small red chillies, chopped (optional)
- 750 gm lean minced beef
- 2-3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- a good splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped tspn chilli paste
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 cans mixed beans, drained & rinsed
- sour cream
- tortillas, heated
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.