Noodles in a box
- To make the sauce, mix together the peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, soy, ginger, garlic, chilli paste and coriander until well combined, adding a little warm water if too thick. Set aside.
- Put the noodles, carrots, asparagus, spring onions and celery in a pot of boiling water. Cook gently for a few minutes until the noodles separate and the vegies are crisp-tender. Then drain well.
- Toss the noodles, Chinese sausage and vegies with the sauce and serve hot or cold.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tspn chilli paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 packet hokkien noodles
- 4 baby carrots, sliced
- a good handful of asparagus heads, sliced on the diagonal
- 2-3 spring (green) onions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2-3 Chinese sausages, blanched & sliced
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.