- Combine the tuna with a decent amount of mayonnaise, seasonings and spring onion. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the hard boiled eggs with a good spoon of mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Cut the loaf of bread in 4 slices lengthways. Place the bottom 'slice' of bread on the workbench and generously smear with the tuna. Then top with another piece of bread and layer with cucumber, a sprinkling of salt and a generous amount of salmon. Top with another piece of bread and layer with the egg mayonnaise and lettuce.
- Then place the last piece of bread on top and tightly wrap the whole thing in plenty of plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, before slicing into 4-6 pieces and serving with plenty of serviettes.
- 180 gm canned tuna in olive oil, drained well
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 spring (green) onions, shredded
- 4-5 eggs, medium-hard boiled & peeled
- 1 uncut white sandwich loaf
- 1 telegraph (continental) cucumber, peeled & very finely sliced
- slices of smoked salmon
- crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.