Fettuccine with creamy veal & mushroom ragu
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and quickly sear the veal on both sides, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Remove and place the veal on a large plate in one layer. Season and finely slice when cool enough to handle.
- At the same time, cook the pasta in lightly salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Add a little fresh oil to the veal pan, if needed, and gently sauté the onion, mushrooms and garlic until tender, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan as you do so.
- Then add 1 cup stock with the cream and seasonings. Stir and cook down, adding more stock if needed. (Don't have the sauce too thick.) Taste for seasoning.
- Add the sliced veal and 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley to the sauce, and stir to heat through.
- Then toss the sauce with the pasta and serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley on top.
- olive oil
- 3-4 veal scallopines, battened out a little
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 packet fettuccine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8-10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- 3-4 tbsp chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.