- Cook the steaks on a lightly oiled preheated BBQ (or ridged grill) to the desired degree, seasoning once sealed. Remove and set aside to rest, before finely slicing.
- To make the dressing, finely chop together the spring onions, chillies and garlic. Then put in a bowl with the fish sauce, vegie oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice and sugar. Whisk well and taste for seasoning.
- Then put the radishes, carrot, bean shoots, mint and sliced steak in a bowl and gently toss with the dressing to taste.
- Serve the salad with a pile of lettuce cups on the side.
- nb. Other vegies can be added to the salad if you want to eke it out.
- 2 x 180 gm steaks, trimmed of all fat & sinew
- olive oil spray
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 spring (green) onions
- 3 small red chillies
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- juice of 2-3 limes
- 2 tbsp shaved palm sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- a handful of bean shoots
- a small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Iceberg lettuce cups
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.