No bake crunch cake
- Melt the butter, chocolate, golden syrup and treacle in a double boiler.
- Place the sultanas, nuts and seeds, apricots, cherries and crushed biscuits in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Lightly oil a baking tray and line with baking paper. Then pour in the chocolate mixture, smooth down and press into every corner. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, cut the cake into fingers or squares and dust with a little icing sugar.
- from "The French Kitchen" by Joanne Harris & Fran Warde
- 150 gm unsalted butter, softened
- 200 gm good dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp treacle
- 150 gm sultanas
- 150 gm mixed nuts & seeds, chopped
- 75 gm dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 75 gm glace cherries
- 250 gm digestive biscuits, crushed
- cooking oil spray
- icing sugar
Huey's Kitchen takes a lot of care in the preparation of its recipes, but viewers are reminded to always double check that the recipe and all the ingredients are suitable.